Ad Dynamo is a tech-centric digital advertising business operating in several countries. Founded in 2009, the company developed a proprietary digital advertising marketplace and in the process secured investment from Invenfin, the venture and growth capital division of Remgro. The group focuses on digital media sales and tech development. We exist to solve business challenges for brands and deliver long term value. Ad Dynamo currently represents Twitter, Snapchat, Oath and Spotify exclusively in Africa. We also created Blue Robot, that has developed a technology that allows brands to interact automatically with audiences across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Our secret sauce is no secret – it’s our people. We invest in our team and thoroughly believe that we hire the best people in the market.
Are you an Accountant looking for your next opportunity?
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable, receivable and bank statements.
- Assist preparation and review of monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for the responsible accounts.
- Produce accurate sales and accounting reports and present their results by way of meaningful presentations and analyses that are focussed on insights.
- Assist fluctuation analysis of consolidated financial statements M/M and Q/Q
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Liaise with our CFO and key stakeholders to review and suggest improved financial and operating procedures to facilitate smoother operations and improved decision making
- Aid in ensuring compliance and consistent application of implemented procedures and controls
- Able to collaborate and work in a team
- Other responsibilities include participating in special projects and system enhancements as assigned.
- BComm degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CIMA or SAIPA) beneficial
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as an accountant or financial controller
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables essential (Google Datastudio and SQL knowledge beneficial)
- Experience manipulating complex and large data sets, synthesize insights, and present recommendations
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures including basic understanding of international group structures and inter-company transactions (foreign currency translation, elimination)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Experience with accounting software packages (XERO experience beneficial)
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, strong analytical and communication skills
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Well balanced and self-motivated
- Personable, approachable as we interface with various stakeholders throughout the business
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining financial accuracy
- Process oriented and the ability to collaborate with senior management and others in the business
- Market related salary
- Opportunity to build your career
- Fun working environment with skilled diverse individuals