Blue Robot helps brands build long term value with their customers. We simplify the interface between brands and social platforms. We’ve built a platform that makes it easy to quickly develop campaigns on social media. A toolbox of ready to use experiences that simplifies the process.
Connecting to social media platforms is complex and requires constant development. We saw the need to build a single platform that was able to seamlessly connect across multiple platforms in order to make it easy for brands to run campaigns and measure metrics. Working with social platforms at an integrated level requires constant development and access. We saw the need to remove the pain point for brands, allowing campaigns to be activated faster, on a proven technology platform.
We give brands greater returns on their social media investment by increasing user engagement. We eliminate the tech and cost pain associated with social platform integration, allowing faster, proven creative experiences to be delivered with ease.
This team builds the infrastructure and products that allows brands to interact automatically with audiences across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and more, and operate their campaigns at scale.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please send in your CV, a compelling letter of motivation and any useful links to a personal website, GitHub profile, blog or portfolio.
You will need:
- A relevant degree/diploma or 4+ years equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years Node experience
- HTML and CSS
- Experience with Source Control technologies like GIT
- Experience with developing and/or consuming backend API's (e.g. REST endpoints)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Pride in the quality of the software you create – are able to defend your code and see code reviews as a learning experience
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have experience with working in an Agile / SCRUM environment
- Have experience with accurate and consistent UX implementation
- Have experience with package managers such as NPM
- Have experience with testing frameworks (Mocha, Jest, etc,)
- Have experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Have experience with Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Have worked with SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL or MongoDB before
- Have development experience in the advertising or marketing Industries
- Have experience building performant and scalable software systems
- A competitive salary
- Full Agile + SCRUM methodologies (No Waterfall, No WaterSCRUM ;p)
- Paid parking at the Cape Town office
- Build great things that get sold globally
- Contribution towards home internet
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Choose to work on an iMac or MacBook Pro
- A fun working environment with diverse individuals
- An opportunity to meet the guys behind Twitter, Snapchat, Spotify & Oath
- No dress codes, or complex approvals – just a serious focus on building a good culture for great work and awesome code.