Ad Dynamo - Creative Graphic Designer - Johannesburg
Who we are:
Ad Dynamo is a tech-centric digital advertising business operating in several countries. Founded in 2009, the company developed a proprietary digital advertising marketplace and in the process secured investment from Invenfin, the venture and growth capital division of Remgro. The company focuses on digital media sales and tech development. Ad Dynamo is Twitter's Exclusive Ad-Sales Partner across Africa. We also created Blue Robot, a technology platform that allows brands to build automated interactive functionality with audiences across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Read more.
What you’ll do:
The Creative Graphic Designer is a key member of the Ad Dynamo team – a dynamic, creative storyteller with exceptional design skills.
This role is to help articulate ideas, design creative solutions in a visually arresting manner, bringing them to life through sight, sound and motion. This role provides an exciting opportunity to work closely with a team of driven & experienced sales and marketing professionals in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
Who you are:
- Enjoy being on the front lines of our most strategic & creative advertisers
- Passionate about design & conceptual ideas
- Communicating the unique value of user experiences
- Time management skill
- A keen eye for detail (typography, typesetting are the must)
- Designing cohesive sets of slides, templates, and visuals for presentations; support Campaign Solutions Strategists and Planners in shipping beautifully designed, elegant presentations
- Juggling multiple projects and priorities with fast-paced and shifting deadlines
- Take instructions on the fly and execute them
- Work independently and take ownership of projects from start to finish
- Building relationships with media sales organization and team members
- Connecting with Creative Specialists around South Africa to share & learn from
- Able to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field with advanced design skills, or have equivalent experience. Video / Animation training and skills a bonus
- 2+ years experience in a marketing or advertising agency, media company or publisher with a digital focus, or related experience; social and mobile experience a strong plus
- Expertise in Adobe CC, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Experience in both print and digital design
- Artistic ability
- Attention to detail
- Innovative ideas
- A digital work portfolio that showcases an excellence in visual design must be sent with application.
- A skills test will be provided to candidates who are contacted.
- A competitive salary
- Parking bay
- Contribution towards home internet
- Opportunity to build your career
- Regular office events
- Fun working environment with diversely skilled individuals
- No dress codes, timesheets, cost centres, or complex approvals – just a serious focus on building a good culture for great work and superior client service